Monday, August 20, 2012

Claverack, New York


Saturday and Sunday, we were at the Esselstyn family farm outside Hudson, New York. The name of the community where it is located is Claverack. Our dining room was between the farm house and the tent where the meetings took place.



Here's the "big top" where the lectures took place.


We had a good time, met some new friends, ate some yummy (but on program) food. We did get really tired.

Sunday afternoon, I went for a bike ride south from the farm on US 23. When I started out, I didn't have any particular plan for how far or where to go. I was a little surprised to find myself in Massachusetts! It was only 14 miles or so.

Upon my return, I found a Buddhist meditation center almost just across the road from the farm. I hadn't noticed it when I set out because the sign faces south and is only visible when approached from the south.

Below, you can see a silver station wagon coming out of the farm's driveway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home