Ohio - Land of many bike paths
We're on our way to the Engine 2 Immersion in Hudson, New York, this weekend. Today is Wednesday and we drove from Oak Ridge to Columbus, Ohio.
I had read and heard about the bike paths of Ohio but I've never been here with a bike to try them out for myself. We didn't pick our hotel with any plan to be near a bike trail and I doubted there would be any near where we're staying.
However, just in case, I decided to check Google maps and see what showed up in this area when I asked it about bike trails.
The dark lines represent paved bike paths. At first I thought they just indicated roads that are bike "friendly". However, when I rode the block or so from the red marker on the map to County Line Road, I found that a lovely paved bike trail runs alongside the road, it looks like for miles and miles and miles. I didn't have time to go very far -- I had a walking date at 4:00,
so I only got to ride for about an hour, but I got to the triangular area over on the right side bordered on the north by County Line Road, on the east by Cleveland Avenue, and on the west by Alum Creek (the blue wiggly stripe), and went on out County Line Road a ways. For our walk, we drove over to the triangular area and walked around the big loop. Once around was about a mile.
Near where my turn around point on the bike ride, I spotted this house with an upside down tree in the year. See the roots at the top? And there's a large wooden owl perched on top of the roots. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a picture with the sun behind me.
During our walk, we encountered the delightful children below playing soccer.
I'm already planning to come back to Ohio someday to ride more of their bike trails.
However, just in case, I decided to check Google maps and see what showed up in this area when I asked it about bike trails.
The dark lines represent paved bike paths. At first I thought they just indicated roads that are bike "friendly". However, when I rode the block or so from the red marker on the map to County Line Road, I found that a lovely paved bike trail runs alongside the road, it looks like for miles and miles and miles. I didn't have time to go very far -- I had a walking date at 4:00,
so I only got to ride for about an hour, but I got to the triangular area over on the right side bordered on the north by County Line Road, on the east by Cleveland Avenue, and on the west by Alum Creek (the blue wiggly stripe), and went on out County Line Road a ways. For our walk, we drove over to the triangular area and walked around the big loop. Once around was about a mile.
Near where my turn around point on the bike ride, I spotted this house with an upside down tree in the year. See the roots at the top? And there's a large wooden owl perched on top of the roots. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a picture with the sun behind me.
During our walk, we encountered the delightful children below playing soccer.
I'm already planning to come back to Ohio someday to ride more of their bike trails.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home